Monday, June 7, 2010

Off to Colorado!



Friday afternoon we headed out to Georgetown Airport to fly out on the Olivers RV-10 plane. This was my first flight in the new plane and Jacob's first flight ever. He fussed a little bit and then ended up taking a nice long nap and did great on the flight. We cruised up to 12,500 feet and had nice weather and smooth flying. Adam got a little bit of practice on the controls. . .didn't do terrible but I could say he could use a few more lessons! While he was trying to stay level on the horizon I was trying not to get sick from the bobbing back and forth --- so luckily Matt took back over before I lost my lunch! After about 3 hours in the air, we made a short stop in Trinidad to refuel and then headed back up over the mountains and landed in Buena Vista about an hour later. I forgot to take pictures of the plane, but I'll get some on the flight home! Jacob looked super-cute in his "Little Aviator" shirt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment