Saturday, June 12, 2010

Horseback Riding and Hot Springs








Wednesday morning Adam and I took a horseback ride from Mount Princeton Stables. My horse was Echo and his was Montana, and we were the only two on our 2 hour tour. We rode out from the stables and through some gentle hills and smooth terrain down through the valley and beside Chalk Creek. It was quiet and so relaxing and peaceful. The stable also does sleigh rides in the winter, and we took a picture of two of the Clydesdales that were grazing in the pasture. Beautiful horses, I wish I could ride more often! I knew when I dismounted that I was gonna be sore though --- my legs were shaky and the next morning I actually had bruises on my bum, ahhhhhhhhh!!!

To get over our stiffness we set out Thursday morning and hiked the trail by the Arkansas River in Buena Vista. We saw 4 boatloads of rafters putting in at the bridge and were really tempted to sign up for a trip. Then we heard that one of them had flipped over, because the river is running so high and fast right now, and decided against it. Maybe next time!

That afternoon we headed over to the Mount Princeton Hot Springs for a nice, long soak. It was sprinkling on the drive over and we saw a rainbow across the mountains behind the springs. They have two hot swimming pools that they filter the water into, one at 94-degrees and one at 104-degrees. It had cooled off some and was only about 65, so we finally had a break from the hotter days and decided it was the perfect time to go. They normally let you climb down into the creek where the natural springs are, but it was flooded and closed. It was a fun and relaxing way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment