Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we spent the day with the Oliver family and friends.  In total I think there were about 60 people who showed up!  We had fun visiting with everyone, playing soccer, basketball, and football in the backyard, swinging, and of course --- eating!  There was so much delicious food -- all the standard turkey, ham, and fixins and also pao de quejo, casseroles, and DESSERT!  My eyes just about bugged out of my head when I saw all of the cakes, pies and treats on the dessert table, what a feast!  Some of Jacob's favorites were the turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and bread.  I think if we let him he would eat bread for every meal though! 





It was really cool at lunch when we were all sitting down to eat outside under the trees and the cold front blew in.  All the leaves started raining down and we had to cover our plates to keep them out of our food.  I think the temperature dropped 20 degrees in about 5 minutes.  I was ready for a break from the heat and humidity though, and Jacob got to put on his cute sweater vest and look even more adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment